Sunday, April 03, 2011

Corn Pudding

Today, when I woke up, I reminisced the times when mum would whip up easy desserts for us to enjoy.  Now that I am a mother, I always think of something to make for my two daughters to enjoy.

It is Sunday today.  Lazy Sunday to be precise.  I went to the nearest minimart to get some ingredients for Corn PuddingI remembered how my mum loved to make this dessert when I was a little kid and I remembered how easy it was to make them.

Remember the last time I made baked corn pudding?  Well, this is the non baked version.  Super easy to make and best served chilled.


Ingredients

1 cup custard powder 
3/4 cup caster sugar
1 can creamed corn
3 cups water
1 cup evaporated milk 
1/2 cup fresh milk
a pinch of salt

Method

Mix all the ingredients in a pot.
Cook it over a stove. 
Stir continuously as you do not want the custard to settle at the bottom of pot.
Stir till mixture thickens, bubbles and turns shiny.
Turn off heat and pour into little containers or one big one.
Allow to cool before putting it into the refrigerator to chill.
Once chilled, you may slice and serve.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi, thank you for the recipe - i've been searching the web for this and i came across your site. tasted exactly like my mama used to make for me during childhood. *grins* juliana

Related Posts with Thumbnails