Sunday, October 17, 2010

Minced Meat Baked Pasta

I love weekends because that's like the only time I can prepare food for the family. Today I decided to have pasta! I have already bought the ingredients for Tuna Baked Pasta the day before but mind is thinking of Minced Meat Baked Pasta.

It's really a toss between the two. Tuna Bake or Mince Meat Bake Pasta. I chose the latter. I actually do not have any mince in the freezer and made use of burger patties instead.

Today is special because I let Tihani help me in the kitchen. She loved her time in the kitchen, although all that she did was to help me fry or stir.


Ingredients

250g minced beef, pre cooked with a pinch of salt n pepper (i used 3 burger patties, chopped)
1 onion, diced
1 clove of garlic, diced
a tablespoon of oil for frying
340g ragu sauce (bought off the supermarket shelves)
salt to taste
150g twist pasta
a pot of salted boiling water

Cheese Sauce
a tablespoon of butter
a tablespoon of flour
3/4 cup of milk
100g of cheddar cheese + a handful to sprinkle

Method

Boil the pasta till el dente and drain.
Heat oven to 180C.
To make the ragu sauce, heat oil in a pan.
Add the onion and garlic until softened.
Add in the mince.
Stir in the spaghetti sauce and let it simmer.
Tip in the drained pasta and mix well.
Ensure that pasta is saucy.
Pour pasta in a baking tray.

To make the cheese sauce, melt butter and stir in the flour.
Cook for a minute and then gradually stir in milk.
Lastly stir in the cheese.
Once cheese has melted, pour evenly over the pasta.
Top the handful of cheese on top.

Bake until the cheese on top is golden and starting to brown.

Mince Meat Pasta
Topped with Cheese Sauce

Mince Meat Baked Pasta
I must say the baked pasta was a hit. Tihani had second helpings and Auni gave me a thumbs up when I asked if it was yummy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh mi gosh...just made this dish, it was sooo goooeingly good! Thanks for keeping it simple!!! Continue posting more recipes....could you do a rice one!

m3rni3 said...

hi anon

thanks for trying out the recipe :)
will definitely try to make baked rice one of these days.

regards
m3rni3

Related Posts with Thumbnails