Thursday, January 18, 2007

Dark Chocolate Cake

My sister in law, Lily is inviting me n family over to her place for dinner. I told her I would be bringing dessert. I think that is wat I am better at. I had decided on Chocolate Jelly and I also wanted to bring a cake and the cake has to be a chocolate one. After looking thru the website for ideas, I decided on Dark Chocolate Cake II. Recipe was submitted by Kelly Smith and can be found at Allrecipes.

Cake is dark and rich and best of all moist! This is my version based on ingredients I have at home.

Ingredients

1 cup self raising flour
1 cup caster sugar
1/4 cup + 2 tbsp cocoa
1/4 tsp salt
1 egg, slightly beaten
1/2 cup cold brewed coffee
1/4 cup milk
1/4 cup greek yogurt
1/4 cup vegetable oil

Method

Preheat oven to 175C. Grease cake tin.
In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, cocoa and salt.
Make a well in the centre and pour egg, coffee, milk and oil and mix well then pour into prepared tin. Note that batter will be thin.
Bake in preheated oven for 40 - 50 mins or until a toothpick inserted into centre of cake comes out clean.
Allow to cool.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was thinking of doing a chocolate cake for my aunt's birthday next week.. my mom pon suruh.. but then takut x sedap.. heheh.. yg cake u buat ni rich sgt x? takut terlalu manis... and maybe I wat cupcakes jer kut.. sbb snang skit.. tp x reti nk decorate ... :D

*sorry ek merapu ntah pape kat sini*

m3rni3 said...

Hi Fieza .. making a bday cake! Dat will be a good project!

hmm .. i personally do not find it dat rich .. ok lah .. my sil + daughters suka sangat ..

dis is the link to the original recipe from Allrecipes just fyi .. check it out .. http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Dark-Chocolate-Cake-II/Detail.aspx

last year for tihani's bday pun i buat cupcakes and i topped it with royal icing ..

my hubby's bday is coming soon .. i am itching to make him a bday cake too lah .. tapi tu lah nak icing2 nie blum pass lagik .. hehehe ..

Related Posts with Thumbnails